About Colleen Campbell, B.S., CPDT-KA, PMCT-1
Colleen’s Credentials At a Glance
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer, CPDT-KA
- PMCT 1, Pat Miller Certified Trainer, Peaceable Paws
- Graduate (with distinction) of CATCH Canine Trainers Academy – Certified Dog Trainer
- AKC Canine Good Citizen evaluator
- Professional Member, APDT
- Professional Member, Pet Professional Guild
- Supporting Member, IAABC
- Living and Learning with Animals Course – Certificate of Excellence
Colleen’s dog training experience includes working with dogs of all types, temperaments and ages. A self-described behavior geek, Colleen is passionate and committed to continual learning of the most up to date science-based animal behavior principles and training techniques. She far surpasses the required minimal continuing education requirements for certification through on-line courses and attending numerous training academies, seminars and conferences.
“Having dogs throughout my entire life, has allowed me the opportunity of having a four-legged companion by my side through many of my life’s journeys. My dogs have been with me during wonderful times and also have helped me through some of life’s more challenging times. On a daily basis, my dogs accompany me on walks through the neighborhood, on hikes in the woods, in the car to run errands and occasionally on family vacations to the beach or lake. My dogs are my companions and I enjoy being with them. By working together to reduce unwanted behaviors, I can help you and your dog become life-long companions who truly enjoy spending time together.
“What’s so positive about POSITIVE INTERACTIONS Dog Behavior and Training?”
- My interactions and professional relationship with you, as my client, will be centered around honest communication to set and achieve obtainable behavior and training goals for your dog, that fit your lifestyle and level of commitment.
- Our work together in reaching your behavior and training goals will be guided by my continued commitment to on-going education through conferences, webinars and research findings.
- The interactions I have with your dog will use positive training methods based on sound, current scientific research without fear or coercion.
- My goal is to help you and your dog have many positive life-experiences together, wherever your journey’s may take you.
How It All Started…
Buck joined our family as a 6-month-old rescue, transported from a shelter in the south. Though Buck quickly became attached to all of his family members, he was clearly fearful of people he didn’t know. He would cower and growl at the neighbor kids while waiting for the school bus and when walking on the leash, Buck would bark and lunge at people and their dogs from across the street. I was scared and worried for both myself and Buck. I did the only thing I could think to do at the time which was to reach out for help.
Fortunately, Buck’s rescue group connected me with a wonderful trainer who used positive training methods that rewarded Buck for behaviors we wanted and modified the behaviors we wanted to change. Now, 11 years later, Buck is a much more well-adjusted dog. He remains fearful by nature but has learned to focus on me when he’s uncertain about something in the environment and knows I will guide him through it. Our hikes and walks together are now enjoyable for us both.
Because of Buck and his fears, I developed a strong interest in animal behavior which started me on this journey. I can help you and your dog. Please contact me to get started.